Posted on 17 July 2013.
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano, or fresh
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- wholemeal pitta bread, to serve
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, pepper, chilli, garlic and oregano.
- Fry gently for about 5 minutes or until everything is soft then add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. If the sauce looks dry, add a splash of water.
- Season well and then make 4 hollows in the mixture, break an egg into each and cover the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the eggs are set. Serve with the pitta bread.